Friday, June 6, 2008

Chippy the blue chip stealin' chipmunk


Try to say that five times fast! Ani sat bolt upright in the middle of the night and screamed, loudly. I couldn't imagine what sort of awful dream could illicit a terrified noise like that. After she realized where she was, she lay down with a huge sigh of relief and said "I dreamt a chipmunk ran across the bed!". I had to contain my laughter, because she was genuinely upset and scared. Come on, a tiny little chipmunk? That's cute, not scary.

We all had a good laugh this morning reminiscing about a furry visitor we had on our last camping trip to the mountains. We shared our campsite with a very hungry and precocious chipmunk, who the kids dubbed "Chippy the blue chip stealin' chipmunk" because of his uncanny ability to sneak onto the picnic table and take our blue corn chips. He was quite fearless, which we learned early one morning after Erika exited the tent and the rest of us were sleeping. I rolled over to see Ole on his back in his sleeping bag, and Chippy perched on top of his chest, just hanging out. The next minute was reminiscent of a scene from Christmas Vacation that involved a squirrel, as we tried to help poor Chippy find his way out of the tent while dodging him running around in circles. If you had heard the squeals and commotion coming from our tent, you would know that I can't really laugh at Ani for having a nightmare about a chipmunk!

5 comments:

Jerry Jodice said...

Hi,
LetsGoGreen.biz is an online company selling eco-friendly products to the homeowner. We have the products that let you "go green" at home. We have a full line of home water conservation items. Please let your members know about us. You can checkout our site at www.LetsGoGreen.biz A link would be great. I would also like to speak to you about our fundraising program. You send folks to our site, they purchase products and you receive 25% of the sale. Hands off with zero cost to you. A great way to promote green products while you raise money for your site or organization. Full details are on our site under Green Fundraising.

We want to encourage everyone to "go green". If you don't do fundraising we would like to offer your members a special discount on our products. At checkout, type the word FRIEND into the coupon box, hit apply and it will take 25% off of your order. Please pass this special discount word to your members. It cannot be combined with any other offer or in support of a fundraising group.

Go Green in 2008!

Kyle Jodice

Kyle.Jodice@LetsGoGreen.biz
www.LetsGoGreen.biz

Anonymous said...

Angie- thanks for such a fun post, the image of chippy running around your tent are the best! Have a great weekend!

EE said...

Anything stealing my food would definitely give me nightmares!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a cute little chipmunk :-)

Ang said...

Those little critters are definitely entertaining while we were camping in Colorado! I had one sit on my shoulder a couple of years ago. I was fine until David suggested that it could bite my ear...then I kinda freaked and sent him scampering for home!