Friday, June 13, 2008

Camp Family


School's out for summer! I'm happy my kids are getting some down time before they are off to day camps, and thankful we have family close by that they can spend time with. The girls spent the early part of the week lounging by the pool and playing tennis at my sister's house(believe me I was envious and wishing I was doing the same thing instead of sitting in front of a computer!).

Yesterday they spent the day with Grandma Lynn(Ole's mom, which is always a fun day of bargain hunting and crafting for them). She makes up for some of the things I can't seem to teach my kids, for which I am greatful. I seem to have two left hands(or two right hands in my case) when it comes to things like knitting and sewing, but my girls have the Storvick's gift of working with their hands. You should have seen Erika try to teach me to knit! What a hoot. We now have a pretty good system, I know how to cast on, and she knows how to knit. I know how important it is to do crafty and artful things with your kids, which I do, but I have to work very hard at it. It does not come naturally. In their bargain hunting, Ani aquired a pair of tap shoes, which have yet ot leave her feet. A new found talent perhaps?

And today, on this rainy Friday, they are hunkered down at my parents house playing board games with their cousins. My niece and nephews from Texas(the Texas Regans;) are in town and we only get to see them a couple times per year. We will spend as much time as we can with them during their short visit.

No comments: