Saturday, October 4, 2008

Roots 'N Blues 'N BBQ




The 2nd annual Roots 'N Blues 'N BBQ festival was this weekend. We went down both days and heard some fantastic music, including Ruthie Foster and a personal fav, Tab Benoit. We also walked through the BBQ contest,and while we didn't taste anything, we savored the aromas and went home and had our own BBQ. I snapped a couple pics of the more clever BBQ contestant names. I think "People Eating Tasty Animals" is fine and dandy, but "Vegetarians Suck" might be taking it a bit to far.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Peta one is quite amusing... but yes, definitely taking it too far with the 'suck' comment.

Megan said...

I am surprised they got away with the vegetarians suck sign in columbia. oh well, someone is always looking for attention.

Anonymous said...

we had a great time there also- that sign definitely stopped me in my tracks- I had to give it a chuckle!

EE said...

LOL! Definitely blog worthy, though!

EE said...

Hey! I cannot find your email address. I have some picts of Erika I want to send you. fivestrongs@aol.com

Ang said...

I can not believe I didn't run across you in the BBQ contest area. Team ESS had some tasty stuff! I was also in the parking garage getting some pics of Tab! I ended up in the bank parking lot to the west of the stage. Great spot to be close enough to see those dimples!