Wednesday, October 1, 2008

An evening with Ani


Last night Erika and I went to the newly remodeled Missouri Theatre to see one of my most favorite artists and performers, Ani Difranco. This was Erika's first time out with mom for the evening to see a concert such as this, and I think I may just have myself a new Blue Note buddy(my concert going buddy moved to CO a few years ago)! The first two tunes on my playlist are the last two that she played of the encore after the crowd had pushed down to the front of the stage(which Erika thought was cool), and they were both wonderful sing alongs that got the crowd involved. So much fun - I didn't want it to end. I did have to put on my mom hat momentarily as I was purchaseing a t-shirt for Erika. She really wanted the one that said Ani F@#$ing DiFranco. Not sure where she would have worn that! OH - and we found a bumper sticker for my Ani that says her name on it. Pretty cool for a kid who can never find a darn thing with her name pre-printed on it;)

**Interesting tidbit - Ani's given name is Angela Marie(same as mine), and I obviously have a daughter who goes by the nickname Ani(she wasn't named after her, but I have always LOVED the sound of her name and was thrilled that it worked as a nickname). How cool is that?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you take that photo? If so, that's a really good photo :-)

Angie said...

I can't claim that one - we brought a camera, but they threatened to take our memory card and batteries if we used it;)

EE said...

LOL about the shirt! That would be something that I would want to buy and my daughters would not let me.
Sounds like you all had a blast!!

Megan said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!!!!i look forward to taking my kids to the blue note for the first time....:)