
We have a mole problem at our house. It is driving poor O crazy. It is so bad that he suspects mole tunneling is the reason we ended up with 80-100 gallons of water in our basement as the remnants of hurricane Ike rolled through.
He has set traps, sat and watched for them, no luck. Even our trusty hunter Sunset has let us down on this one. Until this weekend, or so I thought. I spied him in the back yard with a mole in his mouth. I grabbed the camera both to document his hunt and to show O, who wasn't home. After snapping a couple shots, he dropped it and it began to scamper away. Under most other circumstances I would probably try to get Sun away from the ill-fated creature so it would have a shot at life, but this was a MOLE, the source of much frustration, and I was not letting it crawl back into the ground. So, I did what any rodent-fearing person would do and grabbed the broom and gave it a whack(please understand this is completely out of character for me).
Only then did I realize that I had not just ended the life of mole, but a cute little field mouse. And to top it off, poor Sun sat at my feet looking up at me and then back at the now lifeless mouse with disgust. I had completely ruined his fun.
4 comments:
Ouch!! I'm not sure which to feel more sorry for, the field mouse with the really bad headache, or the cat denied fun! hehehe
I'm loving your new blog layout btw :-)
Me neither! I felt bad about the whole situation.
And, thanks, about the blog layout:)
I love your new layout! And, the photo is so cool!
Oh, the stories we could share about moles! If I could have the patience of a cat watching his future prey. :)
peace & xoxo
You need to get in touch with your brother, the great mole catcher! ;) ha ha
love the fresh new look
see you soon
Ang
Post a Comment