Friday, May 9, 2008

Small spaces


I'm a big fan of small spaces. When we were looking at houses, none of the newer houses with the joined kitchen, dining, and family rooms really spoke to me. I couldn't see myself living in those spaces. Our 1500 square feet upstairs in our new house feels absolutely huge, and I suppose it is considering we were accustomed to less than 1000 square feet.

We have traded up in square footage for a slightly bigger house to accomodate our needs for now, but someday, I can see Ole and I spending part of our time in one of these houses. There is something so appealing about these to me. No clutter. Moveable. Low-imact. Bare essentials. I wonder what Erika and Ani will think when we pull in and set up in their backyard someday for a visit?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I would love to have a little space like that cabin just for me, so I can escape and refresh myself. Read and paint. Excellent!!