So I was minding my own business in the basement yesterday afternoon when I hear a child shriek, “MOM, Sunset just brought either a RAT or a mole into the kitchen from outside!”. Right away I knew it was likely NOT a rat, but quite likely a mole. This is what I found cowering in the corner of my kitchen as Sunset strutted around him. Isn’t he adorable? Annika insisted on mothering him for a while before we returned him to the wild woods of our backyard.
Our new place, while in the middle of town, abuts a large wooded area and we are having the pleasure of seeing lots more wildlife than we did before. One evening we saw three deer, and Erika mistook a raccoon for our cat Cleo. I'm certain I will be posting often about wildlife sightings and encounters!
2 comments:
Yikes, what is it?
I believe it is a vole, otherwise known as a field mouse.
Post a Comment