Sunday, May 25, 2008

Down by the river




To be honest, the thought of packing up and going only 7 or 8 miles away for a camp out wasn't too attractive. Probably because I have spent the better part of the past month packing or unpacking in some fashion.

For a while we thought the trip might not happen due to a rainy morning, but alas, around mid-afternoon, things cleared up and it turned into a gorgeous afternoon. We decided on the bare essentials - tent, sleepingbags, food(that required nothing other than a fire to cook on). Once we arrived, I was glad we had decided to go - we had a great spot on the river, with a perfect view of the sunset. The kids had a blast playing in the river banks and biking on the KATY trail, and I was content to relax with a brew by the fire and enjoy the company of our friends and family. Thank goodness the kids packed an extra change of clothes, and thank goodness Katfish Katy's campground had showers - the muddy banks of the Misssouri river were quite tempting;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like a lot of muddy fun :-) And a beautiful sunset too!

Ang said...

I am SUPER glad you came along too. We always enjoy your company. It turned out to be wonderful weather. I didn't miss the bugs at all, did you? ;-) Thank goodness for that breeze.
Love you!
Ang