Thursday, May 1, 2008

Happy Planting!




We made these sweet little baskets to celebrate May day and delivered them to our unsuspecting friends and family down the road. A few tea bags, some organic dark chocolate, and a potted flower to mark the mid-way point between the equinox and the solstice and to celebrate this season of fertility and growth.

I was doing a little reading about Beltane traditions and specifically how the Scandinavian folk mark the day. A may pole is a long standing tradition, and I dug up some pics of Ole raising a maypole at a Scandinavian Heritage Society function a couple years ago(would you believe Ole even danced around the maypole - I certainly wouldn't if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know I'd completely forgotten that it was maypole time again... It's not something which we see that often here in the UK much now. It's a lovely tradition though