Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Good Intentions
Bike, Walk, and Wheel week is in full swing. I began the morning with good intentions of walking to work(which is a 1 hour 10 minute walk from our new house). Annika and I left at a bit after 8, which gave us plenty of time to explore our new route under Stadium via a storm sewer and walk through Kiwanis Park on our way to school. After dropping her, I headed on my merry way, enjoying the sights and sounds of a warm, Spring morning. Something kept nagging at me - then it dawned on me that it is Tuesday, and I had a staff meeting at 9 a.m. It was 8:30, and I was still about 50 minutes on foot from work. Ugh. Rather than miss the meeting, I jogged home(in a skirt), jumped in my car, and walked in the meeting 1 minute late. I guess I'll try again tomorrow, although at least I still managed to get some excercise in!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment