You know I have heard that the longer you are together, the more you start to think alike, and even look alike. My BF from high school mentioned this yesterday when she was referring to her husband and herself getting each other the same card for their anniversary(which happened to be yesterday as well).
You see, after O and I got home from celebrating our anniversary at our favorite brew-pub, I spied roses on the dining room table and a gift box. I immediately recognized the gift wrapping from a little shop downtown that sells the wares of local craftsmen. Incidentally, the same little shop I had been in a few hours before purchasing a little something for O. Hmmmm. This package also appeared to be about the same size as the little vase I had purchased for O hours before, however, mine was unwrapped, filled with Queen Anne's Lace and other wild flowers, sitting on the table on the back porch waiting to be given to O...
Needless to say, we were all four in stitches at the likelihood of this occurance. We are fans of this particular potter, and have other pieces of her work, but who would have imagined we would purchase the same style and size vase for the same occasion? Too funny.
6 comments:
that is the sweetest and funniest anniversary story! Good stuff- how fun that Jasper gets to share this special day with you guys!
That is just so lovely :-) Happy Anniversary btw, I'm sorry that I forget to say that before!!
If you guys begin to look alike...I'm going to be really scared!
You guys are SO intune with one another. What a match!
Love you!
That's so sweet! I would be absolutely floored if that ever happened to Steve and I- the chances are slim :) Happy Anniversary!!
I was instantly reminded of The Gift of the Magi by O. Henry.
How awesome.
That's a great story!
My sister and I gave each other the same gift for Christmas 3 years in a row. Wow, it's like we're related or something!
Post a Comment