Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Gustav




This photo is further proof that I need a new camera. I was so incredibly frustrated trying to get my tiny Canon point-and-shoot to focus on these marble magnets. The kids and I made these while being confined inside during the two solid day of rain we had thanks to Gustav's remnants. Arrrrghhh. We "upcycled" the graphics for these from past issues of American Girl magazine that we had floating around the house waiting to be recycled. It was a simple and fun project to do on a rainy afternoon.

8 comments:

EE said...

My kids would love this project. I'm getting on it this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Those are super cute! What a great idea!

Angie said...

Michaels had the marbles, 3/4 inch magnets AND a perfect size 3/4 inch circular craft punch(which happens to be 40% off until Saturday.) Just FYI :)

Ang said...

Very cute...would make great little gifts too!

Ang

Anonymous said...

Great little project...

You and I have been sharing the bad weather woes it seems. Although it provides a lovely opportunity to spend time with the young ones, there's nothing like a little sunshine to make one feel good.

Megan said...

cute, cute, and one of the guys who coined the term 'upcycle'last name is McDonough, my maiden name. :) So, of course, i am interested!

Another word that i've seen is to -repurpose- something.

if it makes you feel any better, i need a new camera too!

Cartwheeler said...

Angie! It's Elizabeth Jordheim. You commented on my blog (defygravitee), so I found you. Your blog is great. I think I want to switch hosts (or whatever they're called.) Anyway, thanks for your words, and it's nice to come in contact again.

mharris28 said...

Hi, I'd like to speak with you about this blog. Please email me at your earliest convenience. Thanks! -Matt