
It has been a peaceful weekend. The girls have been in town for their soccer games,and we have had some encouraging news regarding the sale of our house. I am hesistant to speak much about it for fear of jinxing it, but it is encouraging and we are hopeful.
I enjoyed being in town on a Saturday morning, as I had the chance to make it to Farmers Market. We made it, though not in time for Show-me-Farms breakfast burritos, which over the summer became our standard Saturday morning breakfast. We did make it in time, however, to buy some lovely mums from the cute Amish farmer - if you visite our market regularly, you probably know who I am talking about;)
And, tomorrow we celebrate the equinox. Just this weekend it became obvious to me that autumn is upon us. The leaves have that golden hue of change. I'm thinking we may make herb-filled dream pillows or dream sachets to mark the lengthening evenings from here until the solstice, and we hope to have a meal tomorrow evening of pork, fried apples, and cornbread. Have a fabulous day!
6 comments:
Autumn is such a beautiful season.. as I was waiting for the bus this morning after dropping Dil off at school it was raining leaves along the street. Beautiful.
I love this artwork btw...I'm very fond of art that connects the feminine with nature. Have you ever checked out the art of Josephine Wall? Her stuff is wonderful.
http://www.josephinewall.co.uk/josephine.html
Glad that you had a peaceful weekend :-)
Sounds like an awesome weekend. I will be anxious to see herb filled pillows !!!
happy autumnal equinox!!!
A seamstress I am not and we didn't have time to make it down to Grandma's, so we got some muslin sachet/tea bags and decorated them with fabric pens and filled with dried lavender and chamomile. I'm all about simple;)
Carol - I just checked out Josephine Wall's site. Cool stuff:)
angie, I just wanted to let you know that I have deleted my blog... long story, but blogging just isn't working for me anymore, I'm not feeling the passion for it. Because I love my photography, I will still be using my Flickr account. I am keeping my blogger google ID active so I can leave messages on ppl's blogs. The link to my Flickr account can be found on my profile, just click on 'My Webpage' link :-)
Megan, you're also welcome to come and visit me at Flickr, I've added your blog to my favourites, so will keep checking back for updates :-)
Carol - I had already noticed. I'll miss checking in at your blog, but will definitly stop in to view your photos - you take such wonderful ones:)
Take care!
Post a Comment