
Us(can't you see) on Hawksbill Crag...

Lovely tree roots behind our campsite...


I wonder who lives here...

I am a tad bummed that we aren't doing something fun for Spring Break, but we just got back from a trip two weeks ago. I had to remind the kids in the midst of their downtime that they not only got to miss a week of school to ski, but they have a week off to chill during break as well. Ole and I have been working this week, and the kids have felt quite grown-up being allowed to hang by themselves for a few hours in the morning(not too long, either my parents or Ole's have been coming to get them mid-morning for some quality Grandma and Grandpa time).
I was thinking about last Spring Break - we camped in the Ozark Mountains of Arkansas with my brother, dear sister-in-law and nephews. It was gorgeous down there - I had never been. It reminded me that Spring got a bit of an earlier start last year. The trees were just on the cusp of budding out this time last year, and as we drove 6 hours south, we literally saw Spring unfold. By the time we arrived in Northern Arkansas, Spring was in full bloom, the flowering trees were at their peak, and the wildflowers were thick.
1 comment:
Lovely photo's :)
Post a Comment