At our house I like to say that I am the prep cook and Ole is the chef. We generally split the cooking duties, but he is much more creative than I. The only down side to that is sometimes he makes something especially wonderful and when I ask him to make it again he says that he didn't follow a recipe, he took what he liked from more than one recipe and then added his own pizzaz.
One versatile meal we have quite often in the warmer months of the year is grilled kabobs. The possibilities are endless. Last night we used chicken, but we use shrimp, beef, or various kinds of fish. For veggies we used portabello mushrooms, zucchini, grape tomaotes, pineapple, and red onion. Again, use whatever you like or happen to have on hand. We typically marinate the meat for a bit, my favorite marinade is simply olive oil, lemon juice, fresh garlic, and fresh herbs. Serve on a bed of rice, with a nice salad and fresh fruit. Delish, whole, and healthy!
1 comment:
Oooh that makes me hungry :)
Post a Comment