It seems much of my posts have involved Annika lately. Annika and I have been spending more time than usual together, the two of us. Erika is nearing 12, her peers are playing a bigger role in her life than previously, and she is just plain busy. Between soccer practices, band, honors band, homework, and youth group at church, she doesn't have as much free time. I read, Hold on to your Kids a couple years ago, which deals with child-peer attachments vs. child-parent attachments. This is probably a good time to re-visit that information since we are nearing the teenage years!
Last week she selected elective courses to take next year, and I was thrilled with her choices, even though I didn't voice my opinion at all. She will be taking Spanish, Art, and Family and Consumer Science(Home Ec). I have to say I am really looking forward to brushing up on my own Spanish speaking skills right along with her(hopefully a mama with a degree in the subject will be of help to her)!
1 comment:
They are both lovely, but the ladybird and butterfly one is really lovely. So pretty and colourful.
Post a Comment