Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Downward Facing Dog...and Cat

We booked our ski trip and will head to Colorado on March 2!!!! I'm so excited to go - Missouri is my home, but the Rockies are my retreat. So, we leave in three weeks, and I have exactly 3 weeks before I am scheduled to complete the 5k training program I have been working on. I started at the beginning of the year and have gone from running 3 minutes at a time to 23 minutes last night! I couldn't believe I was running that far and long. And I mean running, not shuffling along, which is quite a change for me, actually. I was only scheudled to do a 20 minute run, but I was having such a good time grooving to my music and catching snowflakes in my mouth that I just kept going. I think the conditions were pretty amazing last night, and that helped. I ran right before sunset after Ole had gotten home to be with the kids. It was both snowing, and the sun was shining. It was quite beautiful and I wished I had my camera with me.


I did a bit of yoga after I got home. Yoga is such a kid magnet. It seems no matter what is going on, if I turn on Steve Ross, the kids and the cats are right there with me. We share some great giggles while turned upside down, with the cats weaving in and out beneath us!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah your a lover of running and yoga like me, they are fantastic forms of exercise. Are you training for a marathon specifically, or is it a personal goal?

Angie said...

No marathon plans. Maybe a 5 or 10k someday, but I really have no desire to run a marathon! I would like to climb a few mountains, though. Running just seems to be the best way for me to get in shape, and to drop a few pounds. I walk and bike often for transportation, but that really doesn't seem to do much for my weight.

Anonymous said...

The bike is great butt toning exercise though :)