Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sweat good, stink bad




I think more and more people are learning that the majority of antiperspirant/deodorants on the market have additives that you really don't want absorbed through your skin. I found this recipe a few months ago on Angry
Chicken's
wonderful blog, and also saw it over at Peace Love and Yoga. I am now finally getting around to giving it a whirl. I purchased all the ingredients locally, and must say that unrefined shea butter is pricey, and next time I will probably order online for that ingredient alone. I chose to use lavender and cedarwood essential oils for scent. It is one of my favorite combinations that I often burn in my diffuser. I love the relaxing floral and woodsy combination. I am quite pleased with how this turned out, and although I haven't put it to a truly sweaty test, I can say it feels nice on my skin.

3 Tablespoons shea butter
3 Tablespoons baking soda
2 Tablespoons corn starch
2 Tablespoons cocoa butter
2 vitamin E oil gel caps (puncture and squeeze out the oil)
Essential Oil(several drops Lavender and Cedarwood)


I combined all but the E oil and Essential oils and microwaved for 30 seconds, stirred, and repeated. I then stirred in the E oil and Essential oils and poured it into a jar an let it set in the fridge.

2 comments:

Gruppie Girl said...

Did it work?!?

Anonymous said...

Hi Angie- I am going to bookmark that recipe and give it a try- thanks!