Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Earth daily in April...

In honor of Earth Day this month, I'd like to mention some of my favorite products that fall under the umbrella of natural, organic, sustainable, and simple. Our jouney towards a more simple and sustainable lifestyle is just that, a journey. Along the way I have discovered some pretty cool, beautiful, flavorful, practical, and aromatic things that I'd like to share...

Let's begin with tasty. One of my favorite Saturday morning activities is to spend some time at our local farmer's market. I'm first to admit, I often hop in the car and drive two miles, when I could very easily hop on my bike, hook up the trailer, and pedal. I'm working on this, but old habits die hard.

I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the market was open this past weekend and made a couple purchases that we enjoyed along with some tasty hummus Ole whipped up for dinner last night. I visited Susie at Susie's Grassfed Meats and purchased a lamb roast, which filled the house with a fantastic aroma last night. Another tasty purchase that went well with our version of gyros, is herbed goat cheese from Goatsbeard Farm. I can find this cheese throughout the winter at local stores, as well, and it is far superior to any other goat cheese I have tried. If you are out at the market and are hankering some lamb or cheese, stop by and visit Susie and the folks at Goatsbeard Farm. Very tasty!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you in regards to buying local. During the summer months we tend to purchase from local producers and we try to buy as much organic throughout the rest of the year too.

Anonymous said...

I really love the new layout, very fresh. I'm a big fan of the white background too, I also use it on my site.

That's a lovely photo of your daughter :)

Angie said...

Why thank you - I kind of like it too :) I'm sure I'll change it again in a few weeks. LOL.