Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Festivities




A weekend that began with Columbia College's annual holiday lighting ceremony and the living windows display downtown, ended with our tree farm excursion. In between we somehow found time to go to some church bazaars and see The St. Louis Ballet in The Nutcracker(which was not the best production I have seen over the years).

We have been going to Log Providence Pines for our tree for many years. We know the folks who own the farm through the Scandinavian Heritage Society, and I have been known to make several trips out to their farm over the holiday season to sip glogg and peruse the wonderful Scandinavian gift shop. Sadly, the property will be sold soon and the owners moving. If only I had known this before we purchased our house, because I seriously would love to be a Christmas tree farmer(not kidding). All of the merchandise this year was half off, but there was little left by the time we arrived this weekend. I did find a few sweet hand-painted Norwegian nisse's that were purchased in Norway. And, after much searching, we found the perfect tree.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, when I was walking by a florist shop on the way to work today, they were selling real christmas trees. I've decided that I am definitely buying a real one next year :-) Looks like so much fun!