Friday, January 18, 2008
An Unlikely Sunday School Teacher
Here I am teaching Sunday school at our church for the months of January and February. As a person who grew up in a rather secular home, I never really thought I woud be educating children on the teachings of Jesus. I keep thinking there must be someone more qualified than me to teach this material(I tend to keep my Earth worshipping, tree-hugging tendencies at bay around the church crowd). When I agreed to serve on our church's Chrisitan Education commitee a couple years ago, teaching an actual class was not really part of the deal. We have found ourselves in a pinch, and have divided the year and each have taken a couple months. I find that I am enjoying myself, the lessons I have taught I believe to be universal truths, The Good Samaritan and The Lost Shepard. I only hope that I am teaching with enough zeal and joy to keep the children entertained. I asked Ani after last week's class, and she seemed to genuinely enjoy having me there, and is very happy to have her mom teaching class. I think I must be doing alright.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment