Wednesday, May 13, 2009

2009 Clothesline Challenge


Gift of Green's Clothesline Challenge 2009


I have been eagerly awaiting Gift of Green's clothesline challenge. Here we go again. I'm in for the advanced level. We'll see how it goes - I have less time this year since going back to work full-time.

I put my towels out this morning and the sun was hitting them so nicely I snapped a couple photos. I no sooner went back inside and it clouded over and began to thunder! Oh well!

5 comments:

Tina said...

Go, Angie! That sounds like a great challenge. I'd give it a try if we got more than 1 hour of sun in the morning and 1 hour of sun at night on my little downstairs apartment porch (AKA the "cave"). 'Maybe I can give it a try next year at a new place...

Angie said...

You should, Tina! I actually look forward to hanging laundry outdoors. It is so peaceful! Folding it and putting it away....another story!

Anonymous said...

I love hanging clothes out to dry Angie... but have always struggled with hanging towels out, they end up feeling stiff and rough, despite fabric softener. How do you avoid it?

Angie said...

I don't:) Some throw the towels in the dryer for 5 minutes or so after pulling them off the line, but the stiffness really doesn't bother me that much. I do use fabric softner, but you are right, it doesn't make much difference.

Gift of Green said...

Lol! Well, it's 11:13 p.m. and I can see my towels, just barely, still hanging on the line. Oh well, I don't suppose a little night air ever hurt a towel.