Monday, March 16, 2009

Getting down and dirty



That wonderful smell of potting soil. It takes me back to when I was a kid and I would visit my Grandpa's farm. I always loved the earthy smell of his greenhouses.

I was itching to plant something - Anything! I saw these really cool terrariums for sale on Etsy, and realized I could make something similiar. We have a small supply of moss right in our backyard. The entire project took a whole 3 or 4 minutes. We also started some spinach and did a couple pots of cat grass as special gifts for our felines, who are feeling a little sad and left out as of late.

4 comments:

Ang said...

well SHOOT...looks like I didn't get to you soon enough. I placed an order for some seeds from Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds in Mansfield MO. I thought you might enjoy a few packets too.
You can have your pick from Soapwort, German Chamomile, Cinnamon Basil, Shungiku Edible Chrysanthemum, Anise Hyssop, Sweet Annie, Borage and Thai Yellow Egg Eggplant. Baker Creek is known for their rare and heirloom seeds. They publish a catalog, "The Heirloom Gardener" magazine and have monthly festivals at their farm! Rareseeds.com

Angie said...

How cool! Oh my god, Sweet Annie is one of my favorite scents in the whole world. Remember that cool little place in the country, Life Abundant Farms? It always reeked of Sweet Annie. Loved it!

Oh - we planted some cat grass for Ziggy, too. I was waiting for it to sprout a bit before I give it to you. My cats really like to munch on it.

Anonymous said...

Angie, I have sent you a little message on Etsy regarding the prints.

Anonymous said...

Hi Angie, I really need you to email me at akashapeace@msn.com. Thanks :-)