Sunday, March 1, 2009

An addition to the family






We returned from snowy Colorado this weekend. It was a much needed week of playing in the snow. I can't really say it was all that relaxing, but skiing several days in a row rarely is. It was a nice break from our routine and wonderful to be together for the week along with our family and friends. I have lots of photos to download and post, but I have not had the chance to do so.

Upon returning and going through our stacks of unread mail and newspapers, we came across an ad for Pembroke Welsh Corgi's. We have given much thought to adding a dog to our family over the past few years, but it never was quite the right time. It seems we always had something coming up that prevented us from taking the next step. We have researched breeds and have known for a while that a Corgi would be a great dog for our family. We went and visited the family selling the pups, and came home with one. For the past few hours we have been calling him CJ(Colby Jack), but he has also been called Beckham(wonder where that came from!), Tanner, Copper, and Gunnar. It is safe to say that he doesn't have a name yet, but he is absolutely beautiful, and we are having so much fun with him:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh I just want to reach through the screen and smell the puppy breath. I love puppy breath. He's beautiful.

Good to hear that you've had an enjoyable break away. I missed you!

Peace

Tina said...

What a cute puppy! By the way, you could ski in DC today...or at least there's enough snow around the district to try. ;)

Megan said...

I think there is a Corgie that lives at Vino 100 in Columbia. He greets everyone at the door and is the sweetest dog ever!!!! Tucker is so cute!