Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Clothesline Challenge - it's over!


The Clothesline Challenge has officially ended, but I'm still going strong! I admit initially I was a bit gung-ho and signed on for the "advanced" level, intending to dry 90% of our clothing/bedding on the line. In actuality, it was more like 75%. We are still without a washing machine at our new place(for the very same reason we are without furniture in our living room, um, two house payments), so we have to do a load whenever we are over at the old house. Since O is over there more than I, he sometimes would throw a load in the dryer if he had more than one to do, and then bring the second one wet to hang on the line.

All in all the challenge was just the kick in the rear I needed to get back on board and I do not intend on going back to using my dryer regularly, even when I have one on the premises. Thanks Gift of Green - your challenge was truly a gift to me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love hanging my washing on the line to dry... I feel such a sense of achievement if I've managed to empty the laundary basket and got it all dry outside. We don't usually use our dryer for anything other than drying bath towels and bedding.

Do you have the old house up for sale at the moment? That must be tough trying to maintain both.

Peace

Megan said...

i need to take this challenge!!!!

Angie said...

It is for sale. We haven't listed it with an agent yet nor have we advertised much, as O is still doing some work there, but we need to soon. With Autumn approaching, the market is likely to slump even more. We would love to be rid of it within the next couple months, or I fear it might not happen until Spring. Thankfully financially things have been eased by me working more, but it sure would be nice to free up the extra $s.

EE said...

You don't even want to know how many loads of laundry I do a day...
it's criminal!