Sunday, April 12, 2009

My attempt at a fairly eco-friendly Easter


I put quite a bit of thought into the girls' Easter baskets this year. No new baskets, instead opting to use containers we had. No plastic grass, instead using a few sheets of tissue paper from a gift received some time ago. I tried to shop locally, purchasing the chocolate from our local Candy Factory. I supported local craftsman by purchasing adorable wooden bunnies from Mamaroots . I attempted to inspire some creativity by including some seed to plant, a couple wooden eggs to paint, and moleskin journals on which to sketch or write.


In the end, I think I was much more impressed with my Easter basket than my girls' were. Annika's reaction, which was actually quite hilarious and not as bad as it may come across..."Mom. Seeds?" I think they were hoping for a Nintendo DS game stuffed inside an egg or something along those lines. And I have to admit I was tempted to purchase a plastic egg designed to look like a soccer ball stuffed with Snickers.


Oh well, Mom tried. They'll thank me one day, won't they?

2 comments:

Mama_Amethyst said...

I would love to have a basket like that. I love the bunnies from the MamaRoots. Our son has one too. We planted forget-me-nots with him yesterday. I think that you had wonderful ideas.

MamaAmethyst

Anonymous said...

The basket is lovely Angie :-)