Monday, February 9, 2009

Killing time in the Capital




Lots of free time to putter around the state capital this weekend with Erika playing volleyball ALL DAY on Saturday and Annika's soccer practice on Sunday afternoon.

Thank goodness I left Ani at home Saturday for some quality daddy time - she would have been bored to tears. I'm new to the volleyball thing, even though I did play in junior high, I don't remember going to any tournaments. The posted schedule indicated we would play every hour or two from 8:30-3:30. Manageable. Turns out the tournament starts AFTER you have played your scheduled "pool play" games. At that point it becomes single elimination, which means some teams are done not long after 3:30, and the ones that advance all the way could be there until 9 at night! Erika's team, being brand new, finished early(honestly, I had to contain my joy when I found out we could finally go home!). Lets just say it was a LONG day.

I escaped for a bit and hiked a trail I spotted and climbed stairs at the Capitol building. Some much needed exercise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you take these photographs Angie? If so, I think that they are so beautiful. Really, I love them :-)

Angie said...

I did, and thanks Carol. I really like the one of the capitol building, but keep thinking of the different angles from which I could have approached the statue.