Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yes We Did


It was not a late night for me last night. I fell soundly asleep reading with the girls in bed at around 9 o’clock. I didn’t awaken once until dawn, and the kids were anxious to hurry downstairs to find out who our next president would be. Their excitement rivaled that of any Christmas morning. This was their election, too. They came with me to vote and quietly giggled as my obsessive compulsive tendencies forced me to check and re-check my ballot. They voiced their opinion in their schools’ mock elections. They know how momentous this day is. I am proud to be an American today, and I can honestly say I have not felt that way for quite some time. Yes we can, and yes we did.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angie, I was very, very happy that Obama was elected. :-)

A big congratulations to everyone who embraced the prospect of progress :-)

Angie said...

Thanks Carol!

I noticed your blog was down, and I am sorry to see that. I hope you bring it back up soon - I love viewing your photos and hearing your thoughts.

I read your last couple posts and while they were provocative, I personally took absolutely no offense to anything said. Just thought I would let you know;)

Tina said...

That was a very exciting election! Yes. I voted for the other guy because of my conservative side. But I still think it's cool that we have an African-American president elect. And I think it's way cool that we had women presidential and VP candidates too. It's an exciting time we live in. I might try to see the inauguration in person since we are so close...

Angie said...

Tina, that would be so cool if you could go to the inauguration. I'm so happy we were able to see Obama just a few days before he was elected.

Anonymous said...

angie.. I certainly had no intention of upsetting anyone, unfortunately I think that it did *lol*.

Angie, I've changed blog location again. Although I like blogger, I'm completely baffled by all of the HTML code and my ability to alter things because of that.

I can now be found here

www.akashapeace.wordpress.com

I would love to see you over there. I realise that I am a massive pain in the butt because I've been all over the place with my blogging during the past six months, I'm have high hopes that this will now settle down and I can get back to the simplicity of what I love doing.

Peace
Carol